Sandals resorts are some of the most popular honeymoon destinations in the Caribbean and with good reason. Think expansive ocean views, beachfront infinity pools, gourmet dining, long walks on the beach, romantic villas, and dreamy, tropical weather.
In addition, Sandals resorts are adults-only, all-inclusive havens designed specifically with couples and luxury in mind.
We’ve written a separate guide to choosing the best Sandals Resort for a destination wedding here, so check that one out if you’re planning to also get married at a Sandals Resort.
However, some Sandals resorts are better suited for honeymooners, and our overview will help you find the best destination for your once-in-a-lifetime honeymoon.
Does Sandals Offer Honeymoon Packages?
You bet! Sandals provides a variety of romantic honeymoon packages and offerings that are perfect for newlyweds in paradise.
While the amenities, services, and inclusions depend on the specific resort and package you book, the “Free Honeymoon Package” is available at every resort.
If you travel to any Sandals resort within 30 days of your wedding, can prove your wedding date with a copy of your wedding license or wedding invitation, and book at least three nights, you are eligible for this promo.
It includes a “bubbly welcome” and a bottle of sparkling wine chilled in your suite. You will also receive a romantic turndown service with flower petals and breakfast in bed on a day of your choosing.
There are also tons of other romantic “add-ons” you can book, including a candlelit dinner on the beach, a beach picnic, a couple’s massage at Red Lane Spa, a sunset catamaran cruise, or a location-specific private excursion.
If you only book one “add-on”, we recommend booking the private beach candlelit dinner for two with tropical flower decorations (price: from $199). You will be served a secluded, romantic dinner by a white-gloved waiter that includes multiple courses and wine or prosecco.
While you can book a sunset dinner time, after dusk is truly an amazing time because the stars are so clear away from the intense light pollution of the cities.
Sandals Royal Curacao
Sandals newest all-inclusive resort in Curaçao is where the natural romance of this intimate island comes alive.
Located on one of the smallest islands in the Caribbean, Sandals Royal Curacao is also one of the newest Sandals resorts.
The atmosphere can best be described as fun, contemporary and laidback. Situated on the coast of a small island in the Leeward Antilles, this is the best honeymoon destination for couples who want to explore.
Guests who stay in the Kurason Island Suites or Awa Seaside Bungalows can travel the island in a complimentary, convertible Mini Cooper, which is a super fun way to see the sights.
Dutch bicycles are also available for cycling around the 3,000-acre resort and there are tons of sunset locations that you can bike to.
However, if you love all things ocean, unlimited PADI-certified scuba diving is available just like it is at every Sandals resort.
Quick Facts About Sandals Royal Curacao
- There are three food trucks. While other Sandals resorts have food trucks, Toteki (traditional Curacao cuisine), La Palma (Spanish tapas) and Kishi (Asian fusion dishes such as baos and bowls) can only be found at Sandals Royal Curacao.
- The resort has eight restaurants many of which can only be found at one other Sandals resort or are unique to Sandals Royal Curacao. Aolos, an open-air Mediterranean restaurant, is one of our favorites because the views are excellent. However, Zuka really stands out due to the Latin fusion menu and the vibrant, lively setting and interior design. Lovers of T-bone steak and Surf & Turf will be more than happy dining at Butch’s Island Chop House, a Sandals favorite.
- Guests can enjoy premium liquor at 13 bars.
- Sandals Royal Curacao has a 2-level infinity pool with incredible ocean views. This is definitely a pool resort because some parts of the beach are a bit rocky, but the snorkeling is still good.
- Guests can enjoy unlimited land sports, including tennis at the resort’s brand-new courts.
- Because Sandals Royal Curacao opened in 2022 and still had to work out a few of its kinks, some of the reviews don’t reflect the level of service and quality of entertainment that is available now. However, if you are uncomfortable staying at a newer resort, there are plenty of other amazing Sandals resorts for your honeymoon.
What Is the Most Romantic Room?
Sandals Royal Curacao has a lot of room types that are different from what you’d find at other Sandals resorts, which is exciting for couples looking for something new.
However, if you are splurging on your honeymoon stay, we recommend choosing the Awa Seaside Butler Bungalow with Private Pool (price: from $1,648 per person per night).
If you are looking for something equally amazing but at a slightly lower price point, we recommend the Amante One Bedroom Oceanview Swim-up Butler Grande Suite with Patio Tranquility Soaking Tub (price: from $830 per person per night).
Sandals Grande St. Lucian
Sandals Grande St. Lucian is located on Rodney Bay, known to have the calmest waters in Saint Lucia.
Known for its stunning over-water bungalows, Sandals Grande St. Lucian is simply one of the best all-around Sandals resorts for a honeymoon. This is due to the luxurious facilities, gorgeous resort layout, and access to plenty of activities.
Located on its own peninsula, which extends into the calm waters of Rodney Bay, in Gros-Islet, Saint Lucia, this Sandals resort is where luxurious accommodations meet 5-star hospitality.
The atmosphere at Sandals Grande St. Lucian can best be described as sophisticated and laidback. It’s the kind of place where one day you can relax by the pool, get a massage at the spa and then get a little dressed up for pre-dinner cocktails.
Then, on the next day, you can play a round of golf, head to the tennis course, or book one of the exciting honeymoon excursion packages.
Quick Facts About Sandals Grande St. Lucian
- Unlike other Sandals resorts on the island, motorized watersports are available at Sandals Grande St. Lucian. This is because the water in Rodney Bay is much calmer than in other parts of the Caribbean – that means it’s great for swimming, snorkeling, and paddle boarding too. Guests can enjoy unlimited waterskiing and wakeboarding plus a staff member is on hand to give professional instruction.
- Guests can enjoy “stay at 1, play at 2” exchange privileges with Sandals Regency La Toc and Sandals Halcyon Beach, which means you get to enjoy all of the restaurants, facilities, pools, and entertainment at the neighboring Sandals resorts for the price of your stay.
- There are three whirlpools, one scuba pool, and five swimming pools. In addition, the resort offers swim-up suites which have direct access to the River Pool from your room. While the Main Pool is where most of the action happens, the Quiet Pool offers a chance to unwind in a secluded, tropical setting.
- The all-inclusive cost of stay comes with complimentary green fees and multiple rounds at two golf courses in St. Lucia: the 18-hole Cap Estate Golf & Country Club and the 9-hole La Toc Golf Course. Both are championship golf courses designed by Greg Norman with incredible views. However, La Toc Golf Course has been closed in recent months so make sure to check before you book your stay.
- There are seven bars, including a piano bar, multiple swim-up bars, and beach bars.
- Guests can enjoy unlimited dining at 12 restaurants, including Bayside Restaurant (a brasserie combining French technique with Caribbean ingredients), Kimono’s Oriental Cuisine (a teppanyaki grill), and the Jerk Shack (a lowkey eatery with incredible Caribbean food). However, Gordon’s on the Pier is the most romantic restaurant and you should book a reservation at least once during your romantic getaway. Situated at the end of a wooden pier, Gordon’s offers fresh seafood, sunset views, and white-glove service.
What Is the Most Romantic Room?
While the swim-up suites and private pool rondovals are gorgeous, the most honeymoon-worthy room is the Over-the-Water Honeymoon Butler Bungalow (price: from $1,822 per person per night).
This stunning bungalow is located at the end of a romantic pier and comes with private butler service, an expansive deck with a soaking tub, floating hammocks, and glass floor panels for viewing marine life.
However, if you are on a budget, the Caribbean Honeymoon Club Level is a beautiful suite that offers all of the services that come with Club Level accommodations, such as Club Sandals Concierge, room service from 7am to 10pm and exclusive Club Level events (price: from $349 per person per night). The suite itself has partial ocean views and a large balcony with a seating area.
Sandals Royal Plantation
The award-winning, all-butler beach resort in Jamaica of just 74 ocean-view suites, is perfectly tucked into a magnificent coral bluff overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
Sandals Royal Plantation is definitely the most secluded Sandals resort and arguably the most romantic as well.
This resort is a top choice among honeymooners because of its intimate, romantic atmosphere and its incredible location on the bluffs overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
The resort is nestled between two private beach coves in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and only has 74 ocean-view suites (all of which come with butler service). Additionally, there is a team of butlers who provide valet service at the beach and ensure that you are completely comfortable at all times.
The atmosphere at this resort can best be described as casually elegant with authentic Jamaican vibes and the refinement favored by the jet-setting elite.
While Sandals Royal Plantation might not be as big as other Sandals resorts, that’s part of its beauty and what makes it an incredible honeymoon destination. But, don’t worry, there are still plenty of luxury facilities and activities for your enjoyment.
Quick Facts About Sandals Royal Plantation
- Guests can enjoy unlimited dining at five restaurants and two bars. Royal Café and Grill is one of our favorite eateries because of its prime beachfront location and incredible seafood. Menu items include Seafood Ceviche, Caribbean Snapper and Clams, Surf & Turf, and a Carrot Cake that’s to die for.
- English-style tea is served daily.
- For an additional fee, you can splurge on the finer things at Jamaica’s only champagne and caviar bar.
- Guests can enjoy complimentary green fees and multiple rounds at Upton Estate Golf & Country Club, which is an 18-hole, par 72 championship course that has been ranked one of the best in Jamaica.
- When you stay at Sandals Royal Plantation, you can enjoy exchange privileges with Sandals Ochi, which is a larger resort with a more lively atmosphere. So if you are looking for an afternoon of pool parties followed by dinner and a show, Sandals Ochi is the place to go. And, there are complimentary roundtrip transfers.
- There are two pools and one whirlpool. Villa Plantana (an opulent three-bedroom villa with a full staff) also has its own private pool (price: from $1,521 per person per night). If you don’t want to rent out all of the rooms, you can rent the villa as a one-bedroom accommodation for your honeymoon.
What Is the Most Romantic Room?
The rooms at Sandals Royal Plantation are truly some of the most romantic of any Sandals resort and feel fit for royalty.
In our opinion, the most romantic room is the Royal Ocean Front One Bedroom Suite (price: from $593 per person per night). This love nest suite comes with butler service, a spacious master bedroom, and a separate living room.
However, the standout feature is the inviting bathtub in the airy ensuite situated in front of a window with amazing ocean views.
Located on the famous Pink Gin Beach, in St. George’s, Grenada, Sandals Grenada is a great choice for couples looking for non-traditional designs that move away from the expected “beach resort” formula.
One example of the way Sandals Grenada is just a little different is the lounge area in the center of the main pool. This Sandals resort also offers suites with private infinity pools that feel like they are suspended in the sky.
The atmosphere at Sandals Grenada is vibrant and contemporary with a good dose of exotic luxury. I wouldn’t call the atmosphere “youthful”, but this resort is a great choice for the young at heart and couples who want a scuba diving honeymoon.
Quick Facts About Sandals Grenada
- There are two whirlpools and five pools, including the beachfront pool, which has a lounge area in the middle. Sandals calls it the “living room in a pool”, but a lounge area is definitely a more apt description considering it’s a place to hang out with a cocktail not kickback and watch Netflix.
- Grenada is known for its amazing dive sites and diverse marine life. The PADI Scuba Diving Center at Sandals Grenada offers unlimited dives included in the cost of the stay as well as certifications you can take for an additional fee. You can expect to see nurse sharks, barracudas, sea turtles, eagle rays, yellowtail snappers, batfish, and many other amazing creatures. Check out “Scuba Diving in Grenada” to familiarize yourself with some of the dive sites and animals.
- There are 10 restaurants and six bars, including swim-up bars.
- Pink Gin Beach is simply gorgeous and famous for its tranquility, crystal clear water, and soft sand with a slight pinkish color. It’s definitely less crowded than other beaches in Grenada so it’s the perfect place for honeymooners to relax.
- Guests can enjoy water sports, including Hobbie Cats, paddle boards, and kayaks; however, there is no waterskiing or wakeboarding at this resort.
- Sandals Grenada offers catamaran cruises as an add-on you can purchase before or during your stay. This activity is the cherry on top of an already incredible romantic getaway.
- There are lots of other fun things to do in Grenada including tasting chocolate at a chocolate factory, hiking to secret waterfalls, and visiting a rum distillery.
What Is the Most Romantic Room at Sandals Grenada?
If you are looking for incredible ocean views and wouldn’t mind relaxing in your private infinity pool while sipping sparkling wine, then you will love the Italian Oceanview PH. 1 Br. Skypool Butler Suite w/ Balcony Tranquility Soaking Tub (price: from $851 per person per night). This suite is massive and includes a master bedroom, a separate living room, and an expansive balcony.
However, the South Seas Grande Rondoval Butler Suite with Private Pool Sanctuary is the best choice for couples seeking seclusion. This stunning villa comes with a walled-in backyard featuring a private plunge pool, a whirlpool with a waterfall, and a seating area. The suite itself has a 20-foot high ceiling, butler service, and décor reminiscent of Bali.
Honorable Mention: Sandals South Coast
Set along a 2-mile stretch of the pristine south coast of Jamaica, this entire all-inclusive resort has been designed to embrace the coastline.
This resort is truly amazing and was so close to making the list.
Sandals South Coast has two types of overwater villas, a private island with its own beach club and three beachfront pools.
The reason Sandals South Coast only gets an honorable mention is because the resort itself doesn’t feel as intimate as a honeymoon resort should.
However, it is an incredible place to stay and great for people who want an active, social honeymoon with lots of activities and things to do.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does an All-Inclusive Honeymoon Cost?
The price depends on many factors, including the destination, the resort, the add-ons you purchase, the time of year, and how far you are traveling.
However, the most budget-friendly all-inclusive honeymoon (not necessarily a Sandals honeymoon) will cost between $2,000 and $5,000. For this price range, you would stay for a short period of time in a mid-range resort during low season.
The middle price for an all-inclusive honeymoon is between $5,000 and $10,000. For this amount of money, you would stay at a higher-rated resort for a longer amount of time and could choose from a variety of destinations.
If you are willing to spend $10,000 or more on your all-inclusive honeymoon, you have the option of staying in a private villa, extending your stay, or traveling during high season.
How Can I Save Money on My All-Inclusive Honeymoon?
First, book your honeymoon during “shoulder season”, the time between high season and low season when prices are cheaper but the weather is still good in tropical climates. Don’t book during the holidays and try not to book flights on weekends.
Don’t be afraid to book a basic room category. At Sandals resorts, Sandals Luxury is the entry-level room category and you really get a lot for a much lower price.
Sandals does a great job ensuring that all room categories have access to incredible inclusions and amenities, but this isn’t the case with all all-inclusive resorts so check exactly what is included before you book.
Sign-up for the email list of resorts you are interested in to get discount codes and try to book your room far in advance (at least eight months). Also, take advantage of honeymoon promotions!