In December 2017, Sandals Barbados welcomed a new and regal neighbor to its resort family!
Let’s check out Sandals Royal Barbados for lovers!
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: a passport is required to get into Barbados, so click on your Sandals Royal travel checklist for all details, including complimentary airport transportation, health and safety on the resort, and more. The US government considers Barbados a safe Level 1 Travel destination.
Sandals Royal Barbados Resort Review
Barbados has always been considered a chic destination, and the Sandals Resorts in Barbados are located within the island’s prestigious St. Lawrence Gap on the south coast.
Everyone calls it The Gap, and you’ll be a short distance away from picturesque streets where super-rich properties, funky Bajan bars, and colorful street vendors create an atmosphere that’s both upscale and laidback.
Check out Sandals Royal resort map for a gorgeous overview of the property. You can also click the map tabs to see rooms, dining and bars, and activities locations.
It’s also so much fun to imagine you’re already on honeymoon—click on Sandals Royal photos and keep reading because we’ll describe it all!
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: Dover beach and Maxwell beach around Sandals Barbados have beautiful, powdery sands for strolling and sunbathing in seclusion, but there can be occasional surf on the south coast and red flags posted. For resorts with the calmest water, visit Best Sandals Resort for the Beach.
Here are the top five reasons we think Sandals Royal Barbados is perfect for your honeymoon:
- Sandals Royal Barbados features Club Level or Butler Elite service in 338 suites with stunning ocean, pool, or garden views. Click the links to see why that’s an excellent experience for your honeymoon!
- Sky Terrace is an incredible and unique Sandals wedding venue—and click on Sandals wedding photography for gorgeous photos of real-life couples who said “I Do!” at Sandals!
- The Sky Terrace is also a “Sandals first,” with a rooftop glass infinity pool and whirlpool, Sky Terrace bar, and rooftop restaurant offering top-notch food and drinks and breathtaking views.
- Unbelievable and upscale Skypool suites with a private plunge pool directly off your king-sized master bedroom.
- Secluded Royal Rondoval suites in the South Seas Village offer an exotic paradise with a distinctive conical ceiling, a solid stone soaking tub in your bathroom, and a private pool sanctuary.
We’ll include specific questions under each section (bookmark this FAQs link because it contains a lot of handy info).
Here is everything we’ll cover:
- Club Level and Butler Elite Suites at Sandals Royal with a direct link to accurate pricing information for your honeymoon suite.
- Restaurants and bars onsite at Sandals Royal Barbados, and check out our Sandals Barbados review too.
- A range of Nightlife and entertainment options at Sandals Barbados resorts.
- All the Activities that are included in your stay.
- Vacation Extras and what’s not included (and please click on Ultimate Travel Checklist for Sandals’ advice regarding gratuities for butlers, spa employees, and third-party workers like drivers and tour operators).
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: Best Time To Visit Barbados comes to you from Sandals, and it’s helpful when planning your dream beachfront or garden-side wedding at Sandals Barbados. This NOAA link also provides current data on vacation safety during the Atlantic hurricane season.
Okay! Let’s kick off our Sandals Royal Barbados review with the most important question:
How Much Does It Cost to Get Married at Sandals Royal Barbados?
Sandals resorts offer many options for couples planning their big day in Barbados. Check out this stunning link: Sandals Barbados All-Inclusive Wedding Packages & Venues.
All Sandals resorts offer a Free Tropical Wedding to couples booking a three-night or more stay. Here’s what that means:
- Your complimentary Sandals wedding planners help you prepare marriage documents and a wedding registry.
- You’ll enjoy a complimentary cocktail wedding reception.
- The services of your wedding officiant are included.
- You’ll receive a wedding photograph—click on Sandals wedding inclusions to learn about everything your free wedding package includes.
Many couples enjoy personalizing their wedding at a budget that works for them. Click on customized weddings and wedding menus for ideas—this wishlist catalog also makes your wedding day uniquely you.
Does that sound like a lot? Never fear!
This Sandals wedding planning tool is for you—click on 5 Easy Steps to get started.
Wedding Venues at Sandals Barbados
We love dreaming about wedding venues in the Caribbean, so let’s check out Sandals Royal Barbados for your dream venue:
- A gorgeous beach wedding is a classic choice if you’re planning a destination group wedding. Click on the link for credits you’ll earn based on the guest rooms that you book at Sandals Resorts in Barbados.
- The Sky Terrace is unlike any other Caribbean wedding venue.
- A beachside ceremony between the ocean, the main resort pool, and Royal’s manicured gardens.
We love this Wedding FAQs section, too—it’s your easy online reference for answers to wedding questions that pop up.
Coming up is our Sandals Royal Barbados review for your most romantic accommodations!
FAQ: Does Sandals Barbados have a Wedding Chapel?
If you’re dreaming of a traditional, non-denominational wedding chapel for a faith-based service, we recommend Sandals Montego Bay with its beautiful wedding chapel in a private garden setting.
And if you’re interested in one of the world’s newest and most breathtaking wedding venues—there is also an Over-The-Water Wedding Chapel at Sandals Montego Bay.
Our Sandals Montego Bay review tells you more!
Sandals Royal Barbados Review: Description and Cost of Suites
Love Nest Butler Suites are a Sandals trademark and our best pick for newlyweds and honeymooners at Sandals Royal Barbados.
Here are some of the luxurious amenities you two will enjoy in a top-tier Love Nest Butler Suite:
- Private Rolls Royce airport transfers and VIP check-in.
- Butler service and 24-hour dining with a full in-room pantry and a bar stocked with premium liquors.
- Separate Tranquility soaking tubs for two on private patios and balconies.
- Intimate spa-like bathrooms with marble vanities, backlit mirrors, freestanding bathtubs, and walk-in frosted glass showers.
- You two will enjoy ten pools, five whirlpools, twenty-one restaurants, and eleven bars at your destination wedding, honeymoon, or your Sandals weddingmoon at Sandals Barbados and Sandals Royal Barbados.
These romantic accommodations offer seclusion to enjoy each other, and the luxurious amenities Sandals is renowned for—click Butler Elite and this Room Comparison Blog for more info on Love Nest Suites.
FAQ: Does Sandals Royal Barbados have Over-the-Water Bungalows?
If you’ve heard about Over-the-Water bungalows at Sandals, your heart may be set on the newest and most unique honeymoon accommodations in the Caribbean.
Overwater bungalows are not found at Sandals Resorts in Barbados… but click on Sandals All-Inclusive Overwater Bungalows to grant your dream wedding wish!
Which Amazing Love Nest Suite at Sandals Royal Barbados Will You Choose?
Top-tier Love Nest Suites at Royal are designed for your once-in-a-lifetime Caribbean weddingmoon, and these super-special accommodations include private airport transfers in a Rolls Royce and VIP check-in.
We’ll tell you briefly what makes each top-tier suite fantastic!
Click on the links for stunning pictures, descriptions, an availability calendar with full and updated pricing, and a tab with current promos.
Beachfront Prime Minister Suite, Ground Level With Private Pool (Top-Tier, Love Nest)
We couldn’t make up this gorgeous, expansive suite in our wildest dreams! This is super-romantic for beach lovers, and the private plunge pool, patio dining set, sunbed, and soaking tub for two are honeymoon perfection.
Click on Beachfront Prime Minister Suite With Private Pool for stunning pictures, descriptions, an availability calendar with full and updated pricing, and a tab with current specials and promos.
Beachfront Skypool Butler Suite With Balcony (Top-Tier, Love Nest)
When else will you float together in a private infinity pool in the sky? You can also soak in the tub for two behind a privacy curtain, and you need to see the pictures of this suite to believe the luxurious bathroom.
Click on Beachfront Skypool Butler Suite With Balcony for stunning pictures, descriptions, an availability calendar with full and updated pricing, and a tab with current specials and promos.
Beachfront Butler Suite With Private Soaking Tub (Top-Tier, Love Nest)
The second-floor setting of this beachfront suite provides spectacular oceanfront views and an extra level of privacy for your honeymoon. Your romantic glassed-in patio includes a two-person soaking tub, and you can soak up the sun together or draw the curtains to focus on each other!
Click on Beachfront Butler Suite With Private Soaking Tub for stunning pictures, descriptions, an availability calendar with full and updated pricing, and a tab with current specials and promos.
South Seas Royal Rondoval Butler Suite With Private Pool (Top-Tier, Love Nest)
This is actually our favorite suite at Sandals Royal because it’s a romantic, totally secluded sanctuary for honeymooning at an attractive price point. Boho couples will adore the soaring circular ceilings, the sensual master bath with a solid stone tub, and a king-sized bedroom leading to your private pool.
Click on South Seas Royal Rondoval Butler Suite for stunning pictures, descriptions, an availability calendar with full and updated pricing, and a tab with current specials and promos.
Millionaire Crystal Lagoon Swim-up Suite With Soaking Tub (Top-Tier, Love Nest)
Swim-up suites are fun for honeymooners who want direct access to the Crystal Lagoon at Sandals Royal. When you’re looking for privacy, simply draw the curtain on your patio and soak together in your Tranquility Tub!
Click on Millionaire Crystal Lagoon Swim-up Suite for stunning pictures, descriptions, an availability calendar with full and updated pricing, and a tab with current specials and promos.
There are also Millionaire Butler Suites With Soaking Tub and private balconies on the second floor. Click the link for pictures, descriptions, and full pricing details!
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: Sandals Royal also offers luxurious Love Nest and Club Level suites to accommodate all wedding budgets. Let’s look at these beautiful suites with links to pricing!
South Seas Hideaway Crystal Lagoon Swim-up Suite With Soaking Tubs (Butler Service)
This sprawling suite in the South Seas Village offers direct access for a leisurely dip in the refreshing Crystal Lagoon. Active honeymooners will appreciate the vibe in this section of the South Seas Village, and you’ll enjoy two soaking tubs—one within your suite and one on your private patio.
Click on Crystal Lagoon Swim-up Suite With Soaking Tubs for stunning pictures, descriptions, an availability calendar with full and updated pricing, and a tab with current specials and promos.
The South Seas Village also features Crystal Lagoon Balcony Suites with Two Soaking Tubs and Hideaway Swim-up Suites with Patio Soaking Tub. Click the link for pictures, descriptions, and full pricing details!
Royal Seaside Crystal Lagoon Swim-up Suite With Soaking Tubs (Butler Service)
Swim-up suites located in the Royal Seaside section have an amazing layout. Crystal Lagoon is right off your huge private patio with a soaking tub, and your spacious living room is separated from your master bedroom escape by floor-to-ceiling sliding doors.
Click on Royal Seaside Swim-up Suite for stunning pictures, descriptions, an availability calendar with full and updated pricing, and a tab with current specials and promos.
Other Royal Seaside Butler Service suites include Crystal Lagoon Penthouse with stunning pool views and Crystal Lagoon Suite with garden views. Click the link for pictures, descriptions, and complete pricing details!
Club Level Suites at Sandals Royal Barbados
Staying in a Club Level premium room lets you explore Sandals resorts in Barbados and the glorious island together—then come “home” to Royal when you want some honeymoon pampering!
Royal Seaside Swim-up Club Level Ultra Suite
You’ll wake up and take a refreshing dip together directly from your private patio in this spectacular suite! You’ll also enjoy a circular soaking tub for two and a spa bathroom with a dual-control walk-in shower.
Click on Royal Seaside Swim-up Club Suite for stunning pictures, descriptions, an availability calendar with full and updated pricing, and a tab with current specials and promos.
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: other Royal Seaside Club Level suites include Royal Seaside Penthouse and a Royal Seaside Balcony Suite, which is the most economical accommodation! Click the link for pictures, descriptions, and complete pricing details.
South Seas Club Level Suites and Junior Suites
Royal’s best selection of Club Level suites is located within South Seas Village. You can enjoy a private swim-up escape, a hideaway suite with a private balcony, or junior suites with a walk-out and a private soaking tub. Click each link for pictures, descriptions, and full pricing details.
Sandals Royal Barbados Review: Luxury Included Restaurants and Bars
Royal has ten delicious dining choices, including several “Sandals first” restaurants. We’re taking a look at each restaurant next!
FAQ: Where can I find information on dress codes, reservations, and special diets?
Bookmark Sandals FAQs for specific answers to your dining questions.
Scroll down the FAQ page to the “5-Star Global Gourmet Dining” section. You’ll find detailed answers about dress codes, reservations, and special diet considerations.
Click each restaurant link below for opening times and dress codes (if any).
Here are the global cuisines that Royal is famous for:
- Timeless New York style a la carte steakhouse Butch’s Chophouse (Sandals named Butch’s their top restaurant).
- A guest favorite is Chi Asian Fusion (extraordinary sushi here, including Orange Dragon and Watermelon Rolls),
- Buffet breakfasts, sitdown lunches, and dinner at American Tavern (Spicy Roasted Pumpkin and Chicken Salad and Traditional Shrimp Caesar Salad are delicious island lunch items).
- Visit Paris in the Caribbean at the indulgent La Parisienne, a white-glove restaurant with indoor dining and terrace seating for unbeatable oceanfront views (click on the sitdown breakfast and dinner menus to know why this restaurant is another guest favorite).
- Open-air Neptune’s, where breathtaking views and mouthwatering aromas create a memorable experience (standouts include Shrimp Bruschetta lunch appetizer and Moroccan Wahoo for dinner!).
- Delectable and authentic Jamaican lunches at Jerk Shack (try the traditional fried dumpling called Festival).
- Locally sourced, farm-to-table selections at Greenhouse, including healthy plant-based alternatives to savor!
- Sweet N’ Salty’s gourmet donuts and coffee from 7 am to 5 pm daily (warning: with treats like “Cinfully Good” cinnamon donuts and White Chocolate and Sea Salt Pretzels… you might hit this place more than once a day!).
- Heart & Sol is a twist on your average deli with farm-fresh fruit and veggie smoothies, light salad bowl lunches, and healthy sandwiches, including pulled pork and vegan meatball.
- Last but definitely not least—Lovers Lanes, Sandals’ first-ever bowling alley with Global Beer Bar, serves a delicious snack menu from 5 pm until 2 am!
Sandals Royal Barbados Review of Bars and Nightlife
Royal offers six bars, and cocktail lounges open between 10 am to 2 am. Another guest favorite is the Merry Monkey gastropub next door at Sandals Barbados between 5 pm to 2 am!
Attend the Carnival Beach Party and check out the live Calypso, Reggae & Soca bands.
There’s also a sing-a-long in the Piano Bar at 10 pm nightly, and if you love gaming, check out the X-Box section in the Entertainment Pavilion.
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: with The Gap being so close, you can tour the area’s vibrant entertainment scene day and night and sample the most popular drinks and food in Barbados.
Sandals Royal Barbados Review of Activities
Sandals Royal activities are extensive and impressive, and your stay may include a free snorkel tour of Carlisle Bay, a quick bus ride away.
What’s Not Included at Sandals Barbados
Red Lane Spa
Candlelight Dinner Under the Stars
Celebrate the two of you at the beginning of your married life with a private candlelight dinner. This option has limited slots per evening, and it’s an excellent add-on to book in advance.
Private Curtained Cabana
You can book a private cabana for two with a concierge delivering towels, drinks, and meals throughout the day.
Local Adventure Tours in Barbados
Barbados is renowned for its culture, history, and spectacular beauty. We have some fantastic tour ideas if you would love to venture off the resort to explore the island together!
- Click on View of Barbados for an island tour and fantastic photo opportunities.
- Click on Barbados Swim, Snorkel, and Wildlife Experience to meet mischievous green monkeys at the Barbados Wildlife Reserve, followed by a scenic drive and snorkeling at Carlisle Bay.
- Click on Garrison Historical Sightseeing Tour for a journey back in time to the Garrison, a UNESCO world heritage site with newly discovered secret tunnels—and you’ll be treated to a Rum Punch in the Officer’s Mess too!