Good things come in twos… and we’re definitely talking about you two newlyweds-to-be!
You get Two Times the Fun at Sandals Resorts in Barbados, and it only seems like a heartbeat that separates these two resorts because they’re located side-by-side on gorgeous beaches.
You two will enjoy ten pools, five whirlpools, twenty-one restaurants, and eleven bars at your destination wedding, honeymoon, or your Sandals weddingmoon at Sandals Barbados and Sandals Royal Barbados.
When you’re done enjoying this article, look out for two more destination wedding articles from Barbados—our Sandals Royal Barbados review and our Sandals Barbados vs. Sandals Royal Barbados comparison.
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: click on your Sandals Barbados travel checklist for entry information, including complimentary airport transportation, passport requirements, resort health and safety, and more. The US government considers Barbados a safe Level 1 Travel destination.
Sandals Barbados Resort Review
Sandals Barbados is the most exclusive Sandals Resort ever created in a premier destination that’s long been a favorite of jet-setters.
Both Sandals Resorts in Barbados are within the most prestigious area on the island’s south coast—the famous St. Lawrence Gap (everyone in the know calls it “The Gap”). You’re only 15 minutes away from Grantley Adams International Airport!
The Gap welcomes everyone, and you should explore the street where super-rich condos, Bajan bars, and street vendors create a luxe and lively atmosphere.
It’s the most popular tourist center in Barbados, and the Sandals properties offer the most luxury included amenities of any resort in The Gap.
We love the resort map built into each property’s description on Sandals.com. Click on the map link for Sandals Barbados to get a birdseye view, and imagine yourself there by checking out the sexy photo link.
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: Dover beach and Maxwell beach around Sandals Barbados have beautiful, powdery sands, but the surf on the south coast can be high at certain times of the year. If you’re looking for a Sandals with the best beach and calmest water, check out Best Sandals Resort for the Beach!
We’re here to help couples plan their wedding day and honeymoon at Sandals.
Keep reading for details—and costs—for your elopement or weddingmoon trip at Sandals Barbados because that’s coming up next!
Here are our top five favorite things about Sandals Barbados:
- It’s more intimate and lowkey than its “big sister,” Sandals Royal Barbados, with a casual, breezy open-air lobby and easy access to the onsite bars, restaurants, and activities.
- You can choose Butler Elite or Club Sandals suites or self-sufficient Sandals Luxury rooms at Sandals Barbados. Luxury rooms are great for wedding guests who don’t need honeymoon suites.
- Sandals Barbados is the first resort on the island catering to couples. Click on Bells and Whistles for cost-saving perks for you and your wedding guests.
- Sandals Barbados is the first Sandals resort with an authentic and delicious Indian restaurant—Bombay Club. Click the link for gorgeous pictures and a yummy menu for this guest favorite!
- Two words: bowling alley! And not just any old rock ‘n bowling lanes… Lovers Lane is located next door at Royal, with all-inclusive evening games, delicious snacks, and craft beers served late.
We want to make this Sandals Barbados review a go-to guide for planning your destination wedding.
Here is everything we’ll cover:
- Suites and rooms at Sandals Barbados with pricing information for your destination wedding party. We also recommend talking to your booking agent for potential savings on single guests attending your wedding.
- Restaurants and bars onsite at Sandals Barbados. We’re also completing a Sandals Royal Barbados review for the dining and drinking choices next door.
- A range of Nightlife and entertainment options that are available at both resorts.
- All the Activities that are included in your stay.
- Vacation Extras (please click on Ultimate Travel Checklist for Sandals’ advice on gratuities for butlers, spa employees, and third-party workers like drivers and tour operators).
We’ll include specific questions under each section (bookmark this FAQs link because it contains a lot of handy info).
Okay! Let’s kick off our Sandals Barbados review with the most important question:
How Much Does It Cost to Get Married at Sandals Barbados?
Sandals resorts offer many options for couples planning their big day in Barbados. Check out this stunning link: Sandals Barbados All-Inclusive Wedding Packages & Venues.
All Sandals resorts offer a Free Tropical Wedding to couples booking a three-night or more stay!
Your complimentary Sandals wedding planners will help you prepare marriage documents and your wedding registry. You’ll also receive a cocktail wedding reception and the services of a wedding officiant—click on wedding inclusions to learn more.
Many couples enjoy personalizing their wedding at a budget that works for them. Click on customized weddings and wedding menus for ideas—this wishlist catalog also makes your wedding day uniquely you.
Does that sound like a lot? Never fear! This Sandals wedding planning tool is for you—click on 5 Easy Steps to get started.
We love dreaming about wedding venues in the Caribbean, and we have your options at Sandals Barbados next. After that, check out our Sandals Barbados review of the most romantic accommodations!
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: click Wedding Specials for fantastic offers on your Sandals wedding. One of our favorite promotions is “Test Drive Your Wedding!”
Wedding Venues at Sandals Barbados
Many couples choose a destination wedding party at Sandals Barbados for a classic beachfront wedding.
You should also check out the more intimate Garden Gazebo wedding venue, next to the King James House, with the European Pool as your backdrop.
We love this Wedding FAQs section, too—it’s your easy online reference for answers to wedding questions that pop up.
FAQ: Does Sandals Barbados Have a Wedding Chapel?
If you’re dreaming of a traditional, non-denominational wedding chapel for a faith-based service, we’ve got the Sandals for you!
Sandals Montego Bay has a full-service wedding lounge, a beautiful wedding chapel in a private garden, and one of Sandals’ newest and most breathtaking venues in the world—an Over-The-Water Wedding Chapel.
Our Sandals Montego Bay review has more!
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: Best Time To Visit Barbados comes to you from Sandals, and it’s helpful when planning your dream beachfront or garden-side wedding at Sandals Barbados. This NOAA link also provides current data on vacation safety during the Atlantic hurricane season.
Sandals Barbados Review: Cost of Rooms and Suites
Besides helping you plan your wedding and honeymoon, our next favorite thing to do at Sandals is peeking into those seductive suites!
Love Nest Butler Suites are a Sandals trademark and our best pick for newlyweds.
These romantic accommodations offer seclusion to enjoy each other and the luxurious amenities Sandals is renowned for—click Butler Elite for more info.
FAQ: Does Sandals Barbados Have Over-the-Water Bungalows?
If you’ve heard about Over-the-Water bungalows at Sandals, your heart may be set on the newest and most unique honeymoon accommodations in the Caribbean.
Overwater bungalows are not found at Sandals Resorts in Barbados… but click on Sandals All-Inclusive Overwater Bungalows to grant your dream wedding wish!
Now let’s check out a gorgeous selection of Love Nest Suites at Sandals Barbados:
Swim-Up One Bedroom Butler Suite With Patio Tranquility Soaking Tub
Your swim-up suite at Sandals Barbados is private and exotic, with direct entry into the longest river pool on the island—the very refreshing Crystal Lagoon river pool. In addition to VIP check-in, you two get pampered with 24-hour in-room dining.
Click on Swim-Up One Bedroom Butler Suite for stunning pictures, room availability, and pricing by month. The link includes specific details on room amenities and current room specials!
Crystal Lagoon One Bedroom Butler Suites are also available overlooking the pool with a private balcony and soaking tub for two. Click on the link for prices and pics!
Beachfront Penthouse One Bedroom Butler Suite With Tranquility Soaking Tub
You’ll feel on top of the world in your exceptional penthouse overlooking the Caribbean sea with jaw-dropping views and a two-person soaking tub. You’re steps away from the resort’s best beachfront restaurants, although you’ll also love the 24-hour in-room dining.
Click on Beachfront Penthouse One Bedroom Butler Suite for stunning pictures, room availability, and pricing by month. The link includes specific details on room amenities and current room specials!
Beachfront One Bedroom Butler Suites are also available on lower floors at Sandals Barbados. Click on the link for prices and pics!
Club Sandals at Sandals Barbados
At Sandals Barbados, Club Sandals Suites offer the luxury-included benefits of in-room dining and a Club Sandals lounge with 24-hour access and concierge service between 8 am to 10 pm.
Club Sandals is great for more independent couples who still deserve newlywed pampering, and these accommodations are also a nice treat for wedding guests.
Let’s check out a selection of Club Sandals Suites at Sandals Barbados:
Crystal Lagoon Swim-Up Club Level Room With Circular Soaking Tub
Your Club Level swim-up room offers direct entry into the Crystal Lagoon, and you’ll spend quality time on your private patio with a circular soaking tub for two.
Click on Crystal Lagoon Swim-Up Club Level Room for stunning pictures, room availability, and pricing by month. The link includes specific details on room amenities and current room specials!
Crystal Lagoon Club Level Rooms with Balcony Soaking Tub are also available on higher floors at Sandals Barbados. Click on the link for prices and pics!
Beachfront Penthouse Club Level Suite With Balcony Tranquility Soaking Tub
Your Club Level Penthouse Suite faces the electric-blue Caribbean sea. We love the circular soaking tub in this setting—you’re floating together in warm water while you take in that beautiful beach.
Click on Beachfront Penthouse Club Level Suite for stunning pictures, room availability, and pricing by month. The link includes specific details on room amenities and current room specials!
Beachfront Club Level Suites With Tranquility Tubs are also available on the fourth floor at Sandals Barbados. Click on the link for prices and pics!
Beachfront Honeymoon Club Level Suite
These ocean-facing suites on the second and third floors of Beachfront Village are ideal for active newlyweds. You’ll have easy access to the restaurants, bars, sun, and sand at Sandals Barbados while enjoying plenty of private time alone.
Click on Beachfront Honeymoon Club Level Suite for stunning pictures, room availability, and pricing by month. The link includes specific details on room amenities and current room specials!
Sandals Luxury at Sandals Barbados
Sandals Luxury rooms are the least expensive accommodations at Sandals Resorts, and the most affordable room for two at Sandals Barbados starts at just $278 per person/night.
This Luxury room category at Sandals is great for no-frills couples and economical for your wedding guests. While room service does not fall under this category, there are handicap-friendly Luxury rooms so every adult can enjoy Sandals Barbados.
Crystal Lagoon Luxury Honeymoon Room With Balcony Tranquility Soaking Tub
You’ll enjoy a Luxury Honeymoon Room at Sandals Barbados with your private balcony facing tropical gardens and the Crystal Lagoon pool.
Your room includes a circular soaking tub for two and a stocked fridge with local beers, Robert Mondavi varietal wines, juices, sodas, and bottled water.
Click on Crystal Lagoon Luxury Honeymoon Room for stunning pictures, room availability, and pricing by month. The link includes specific details on room amenities and current room specials!
Caribbean Grand Luxe Rooms
Grand Luxe rooms are great for traveling groups with a central location on the third and fourth floors of Caribbean Village at Sandals Barbados. You’re close to everyone but still have a bit of privacy on your balcony facing beautifully landscaped gardens.
Click on Caribbean Grand Luxe Rooms for stunning pictures, room availability, and pricing by month. The link includes specific details on room amenities and current room specials!
The most economical room at Sandals Barbados is a ground-floor Caribbean Grand Luxe Walkout—click for room availability, pricing, room amenities, and current room specials!
Sandals Barbados Review: Luxury Included Restaurants and Bars
On the Sandal Barbados website page, you are welcomed to your “home away from home.”
That’s a nice thing to say… but when it comes to luxury-included dining and drinking at Sandals Barbados and Sandals Royal Barbados, it feels more like being welcomed into a palace of good eats!
Sandals Barbados has 11 world-class restaurants, and Royal has 10 delicious dining choices, including several “Sandals first” restaurants. Click on each link, and you’ll marvel at the full descriptions, beautiful photos, and yummy menus for the unforgettable meals you’ll enjoy.
FAQ: Where Can I Find Information on Dress Codes, Reservations, and Special Diets?
Bookmark Sandals FAQs for specific answers to your dining questions.
Scroll down the FAQ page to the “5-Star Global Gourmet Dining” section. You’ll find detailed answers about dress codes, reservations, and special diet considerations.
Click each restaurant link below for opening times and dress codes (if any).
Here Are the Global Cuisines That Sandals Barbados Is Famous For:
- Sandals first Indian restaurant; guest favorite Bombay Club (vegetable bullets, lobster butter masala, and warm chocolate cardamom cake—just delicious!).
- Timeless New York style a la carte steakhouse Butch’s Chophouse (this Sandals food blog names Butch’s their top restaurant).
- Pastries, crêpes, and coffee at Café de Paris (open morning to night for specialty coffees and addictive treats like caramel, banana, pineapple, and spiced rum crêpe—see you there!).
- Brick-oven pizzas made fresh at Dino’s Pizzeria (satisfying your pizza lunch cravings for Calabrese, Margherita, Fiorentina, and Caraibica that has jerk chicken, plantains, sauce, and heaps of cheese).
- Tasty British gastropub Merry Monkey (open for dinner and late-night snacks, two thumbs up for the gourmet burger and premium plant-based burger that guests crave).
- Talented chefs entertain you teppanyaki style at Far Eastern Kimonos (it’s like flair bartending with the best-grilled meats and veggies!).
- Italian Mediterranean breakfasts and dinners at Portofino’s (Ligurian specialties with fresh pasta and veggies, a choice of meats or seafood, and mouthwatering sweets to finish).
- Fresh seafood in nautical-themed Schooner’s (smoked salmon benedict and veggie omelet for breakfasts and grilled swordfish steak and veggie alfredo dinners are excellent choices!).
- Freshest, most delectable sushi at Soy Sushi Bar (Soy gets a deserving first-runner-up nod on the Sandals food blog—even guests new to sushi rave about Soy and dine there multiple times).
- Caribbean buffet-style breakfasts, lunches, and sit-down dinners at Spices (try the island fish cakes and jerk chicken flatbread apps, blue mountain coffee dusted strip loin and veggie roti entrees, and coconut cream pie and pumpkin cheesecake desserts in the evenings!).
- Seaside grill comfort food at The Mariner (open for lunch and excellent for Happy Hour! Enjoy Greek salad and grilled shrimp to start, then a Jerk Burger and plant-based burger with cool brews).
Check out our upcoming Sandals Royal Barbados review for all the delicious deets on the restaurants and bars you’ll enjoy at Royal next door to Sandals Barbados!
Sandals Barbados Review of Bars and Cocktail Lounges
As this Sandals Bars link explains, you’ll enjoy a luxury-included, premium drink experience during your Sandals Barbados weddingmoon.
Sandals Barbados offers eight bars and cocktail lounges, and you can enjoy a signature Sandals cocktail at different locations around the resort between 10 am and 2 am.
The Tiki Bar, swim-up pool bar, pool bar, and calypso bar all begin serving at 10 am. The Oyster Shell Bar is open between 11 am and 1 am, and the Soy Bar and East Meets West Bar are available from 6 to 10 pm.
Make sure to hit The Merry Monkey Bar for evening fun between 5 pm to 2 am!
Sandals Barbados Nightlife Review
Nightlife in Barbados is alive at Sandals Barbados and Sandals Royal Barbados, and you’re free to enjoy the fun at these two Sandals resorts in one!
At Sandals Barbados, you’ll be treated to a house band, piano bar sing-a-longs, and live entertainment, including cabaret shows. Check out our Sandals Royal Barbados review for the exciting nightlife next door.
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: with The Gap being so close, you can tour the area’s vibrant entertainment scene day and night and sample the most popular drinks and food in Barbados.
Sandals Barbados is the most exclusive Sandals Resort ever created in a premier destination that’s long been a favorite of jet-setters.
Sandals Barbados Review: All Included Activities
The Activities link for Sandals in Barbados is mighty impressive—click on the link for a full display of onsite activities.
Or click on land sports, watersports, onsite fitness center/group classes, and scuba diving for certified divers for specific information on each category—and start planning great things to do together!
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: this Sandals blog is a quick read that explains everything not included with your Sandals experience and vacation extras. Let’s talk about that a bit.
Vacation Extras at Sandals Barbados
We got you if you want extra pampering on your Sandals Barbados weddingmoon!
These add-on services are available to you, and you can even book a vacation extra before you leave for Barbados.
Red Lane Spa
Sandals’ own Red Lane Spa offers exclusive treatments—and you might be interested in the wedding services available onsite for your big day.
Candlelight Dinner Under the Stars
Celebrate the two of you at the beginning of your married life with a private candlelight dinner. This option has limited slots per evening, and it’s an excellent add-on to book in advance.
Private Curtained Cabana
You can book a private cabana for two with a concierge delivering towels, drinks, and meals throughout the day.
Local Adventure Tours in Barbados
Barbados is renowned for its culture, history, and spectacular beauty. We have some fantastic tour ideas if you would love to venture off the resort to explore the island together!
- View of Barbados takes you on a scenic overview of the island with sights you’ll never forget—and there are fantastic photo opportunities, too—click the link for pictures and a tour description.
- Barbados Swim, Snorkel, and Wildlife Experience takes you to the mischievous green monkeys and other exotic creatures at the Barbados Wildlife Reserve, followed by a scenic drive, and on to Carlisle Bay for ocean snorkeling over lost shipwrecks—click the link for more.
- Garrison Historical Sightseeing Tour is an inexpensive choice for a priceless moment of history! You’ll journey back in time to the Garrison, a UNESCO world heritage site with newly discovered secret tunnels—and you’ll be treated to a Rum Punch in the Officer’s Mess too!