Are you a traveler who scours the internet and reads review after review to find the best place for your vacation?
Trust us. We get that.
Wedding Pioneer is here to help!
We’ve been to Montego Bay and Negril, and when your heart is set on a Jamaican paradise for your wedding, honeymoon, or both—our Sandals Negril vs. Montego Bay Review will help you choose.
Our Sandals Negril vs. Sandals Montego Bay Review Covers It All
We considered the most popular questions travelers have about different resort destinations.
You’ll find answers to these questions:
- Is Montego Bay or Negril closer to the airport?
- What is the best Sandals for a destination wedding?
- Which resort has better accommodations?
- How are the beaches and watersports at each resort?
- What each resort offers for attractions and things to do?
- What are the restaurants and nightlife like at each resort?
- Which town has better vibes and shopping?
There are plenty of Sandals Negril vs. Sandals Montego Bay reviews online, but we focus on wedding couples like you.
So let’s talk about two resorts that are among the best Sandals in Jamaica!
Is Montego Bay or Negril closer to the airport?
Round-trip transfers between the airport and any Sandals Resort are always included. In Jamaica, Sandals guests are transported on an air-conditioned bus.
Getting to Sandals Montego Bay
The first-ever Sandals all-inclusive resort, Sandals Montego Bay, now has even more ways to enjoy luxury while reveling in the spirit of romance and fun on Jamaica’s coastline.
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: Sandals Montego Bay is close to the airport, and there is air traffic noise (10 am to 4 pm daily). If this concerns you, Sandals Royal Caribbean is an excellent alternative in MoBay!
Getting to Sandals Negril
Closer to the water’s edge than anywhere else in Negril, life can truly be what you imagine in the relaxed chic, and free-spirited Sandals Negril.
Our Sandals Negril Review explains that Negril is farther from the airport. You still fly into the same airport, but it’s approximately 75 minutes between Sangster International Airport and Negril.
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: Island Routes offers private transportation to Negril in a luxury BMW with snacks, beverages, and Wi-Fi included. So start your wedding adventure as soon as you land in Jamaica!
What Is the Best Sandals for Your Destination Wedding?
We’ll get into our personal choice, but it’s good to know what makes Sandals the best choice for you:
- Sandals offers a free tropical wedding for three-night stays or more
- You receive “bells and whistles” perks based on how many wedding guests you bring
- You can customize your Sandals wedding—bookmark these FAQs for more!
Destination Weddings at Sandals Montego Bay
A few things make Sandals Montego Bay the ultimate destination wedding spot.
Sandals in MoBay is the first-ever Sandals resort, and it’s been extensively refurbished to offer 5-star luxury for lovers.
It’s a romantic story, and the resort offers even more for your upcoming destination wedding:
- A new wedding lounge and exclusive bridal suite
- A spectacular Over-The-Water wedding chapel surrounded by turquoise sea
- A renovated, non-denominational chapel located in a private garden on the resort (exclusive to Sandals Montego Bay)
- Brand-new honeymoon beachfront suites with direct pool entry and butler service.
After decades of unforgettable destination weddings at Sandals Montego Bay, we love this Sandals resort for couples in love.
You’ll also love getting two all-inclusive Jamaican vacations when you get married and honeymoon at Sandals Montego Bay. Round-trip transportation to Sandals Royal Caribbean is included, as are the restaurants, bars, and a private offshore island.
Destination Weddings at Sandals Negril
Sandals Negril has a unique and laidback charm all its own. We love Negril for different reasons and enjoyed bringing it to you!
A big pro in favor of Sandals Negril is its intimacy—this is one of Sandals’ smallest resorts, and it’s more “resort casual.” Of course, you still get all the 5-Star Luxury that Sandals is famous for, but everything feels super-close and easygoing.
Sandals Negril is great for beachfront destination weddings, and the resort also offers an Oceanfront Gazebo with a beautiful domed glass roof framing Seven Mile Beach.
Wedding Pioneer Travel Tip: one of the coolest travel incentives we’re heard of is the Sandals Test Drive package. After you choose your preferred resort, book up to three nights to “test-drive” your Sandals wedding together at super-special rates!
Sandals Negril vs Montego Bay Review of Accommodations
Sandals Montego Bay has 272 rooms and suites, and Sandals Negril has 185 rooms and suites. The links provide specific information on the various types of accommodation you can select according to your budget—and your best price is guaranteed.
One thing’s for sure: any accommodation is luxurious at a Sandals resort! For our destination wedding couples and honeymooners, we reviewed extra-romantic suites.
One-Bedroom Millionaire Honeymoon Suites at Sandals Negril
Extravagant but still affordable for honeymooners, these ground-floor Love Nest Butler Suites are found in the Plantation Suite Building at Sandals Negril.
When the beach gets busy, escape to your private patio within a lush, walled garden. There’s a private plunge pool with a decorative miniature waterfall and an outdoor shower for the two of you.
Your bedroom features a four-post mahogany king-size bed with a flat-screen TV, and your ensuite bathroom contains a whirlpool tub and walk-in shower.
The private retreat feeling continues throughout the expansive living room with another flat-screen TV and a fully stocked bar. Your Love Nest suite also includes 24-hour room service.
Our Sandals Negril Review gives you specifics on various rooms and suites in Negril!
Poinciana Beachfront Honeymoon Suites at Sandals Montego Bay
After extensive refurbishment, Sandals Montego Bay proudly offers beachfront suites catering to wedding couples.
You can choose from thirteen types of Love Nest Butler Suites at Sandals Montego Bay with amazing features like your personal butler and 24-hour room service, private swim-up entry directly into the pool, and a two-person Tranquility Soaking Tub on your patio behind a privacy curtain.
Your spa bathroom has a soaking tub, walk-in rain shower, and granite vanity with a vessel sink. There’s a walk-in closet in your master bedroom, and your living area has a bar stocked with premium beverages.
Our Sandals Montego Bay Review gives you specifics on various rooms and suites in MoBay!
Review of Beaches and Watersports in Negril vs. Montego Bay
Your idea of a beach vacation can vary considerably from ours.
Do you want to enjoy the powdery white sands together and occasionally dip your toes into the Caribbean sea?
Maybe you’d love sailing Hobie cats or even scuba diving together (we know the 11 Best Sandals Resorts for Scuba Diving if you do!).
Seven Mile Beach at Sandals Negril
Sandals Negril sits on over 1,400 feet of Seven Mile Beach. Here are the pros and cons of the beach at Sandals Negril:
- Seven Mile Beach is considered by many to be Jamaica’s longest and best beach
- Sandals Negrils sits on 1,400 feet of Seven Mile Beach
- The Negril area also has nearby beaches that are equally stunning. One great beach is Bloody Bay (don’t let the name fool you! This white sandy beach has calm, gorgeous turquoise water).
- Some travelers note that Seven Mile Beach is long and lovely but narrow
- Some beachgoers think the bottom feels a bit “sunken” at Sandals Negril, but you can enjoy better entry points up and down the beach or nearby Bloody Bay.
Sandals Montego Bay Beach
We were surprised to read that Montego Bay has 12 great beaches near Sandals. Here are the pros and cons of the beach at Sandals Montego Bay:
- Sandals Montego Bay Beach is the largest private white-sand beach on the North Coast
- It’s considered the best beach in Montego Bay
- Another secluded beach available to you is Sandals Cay on the private island at Sandals Royal Caribbean.
- Some guests don’t like the air traffic noise, and others say it’s not an issue
- It’s harder to reserve beach space or a cabana without a butler to assist you.
Watersports at Sandals Resorts
There’s really no contest when you stay at any Sandals resort because the list of included watersports is pretty astonishing—click on the link above to find your favorite watersport!
You’ll see what’s always included and the unique land tours or watersports available as options for your destination wedding and honeymoon.
Attractions and Things to Do—Sandals Negril vs. Montego Bay
Regarding what’s included at Sandals Resorts, the list of land sports is equally impressive.
You can play tennis together day or night, hit the beach for some volleyball, or grab a workout in the state-of-the-art fitness center at the Sandals resort of your choice.
If you’re keen on venturing outside the resort to experience Jamaica, we’ve got two great suggestions:
- In Montego Bay, go on a thrilling half-day powerboat adventure!
- In Negril, be stunned by the sunset at the world-famous Rick’s Cafe!
Review of Restaurants and Nightlife—Sandals Negril vs. Montego Bay
Our Sandals Montego Bay Review details your twelve restaurant choices, including types of cuisine, dress code, reservations, and whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, or late-night buffet.
You’ll get a great idea of the island nightlife at Sandals Montego Bay by clicking on the link.
Remember that you get full exchange privileges (transfers included) to Sandals Royal Caribbean, bringing you twenty-one gourmet dining options in the MoBay area!
There are seven restaurants mentioned in our Sandals Negril Review, and if you’d prefer a “resort casual” experience, Sandals Negril offers the most relaxed dress code.
Sandals Negril also provides nightly-themed entertainment, including live music and flame throwers on the beach!
Nightclubs in Negril and Montego Bay
You may not need to party off the resort in Jamaica, but dance clubs in this vibrant island nation are legendary, and we’ve got two of the best options for you to dance the night away.
The most impressive nightclub in Negril is The Jungle. It’s popular with tourists and locals and is considered fun and safe.
There’s also a Margaritaville location in Montego Bay, offering fun daily attractions and a Margaritaville After Dark nightclub with dance floors on multiple levels.
Town Vibes and Shopping In Montego Bay and Negril
The Jamaican vibe is infectious, and the great news is you’ll enjoy plenty of island spirit in both Negril and Montego Bay!
Here are some of the best experiences in both areas for local culture, history, and great shopping:
- Dare to go on a nighttime tour of Great Rose Hall… it’s thought to be haunted by the spirit of Annee Palmer
- Hit Main Street Jamaica for work by local crafters, uniquely Jamaican food and drink, and premium duty-free shopping in the same place!