Can’t decide if you should upgrade to a Club Level room when staying at a Sandals all-inclusive resort? Is it truly better than a “regular” room?
Don’t worry – our guide will answer your most pressing questions and help you get on with your stress-free honeymoon.
What Inclusions Do All Sandals Guests Receive?
All Sandals guests receive the following inclusions:
- Unlimited dining at restaurants, bars, and food trucks
- Unlimited premium liquor at all restaurants and bars
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Access to the pools, whirlpools, beaches, lounge furniture, gardens, and gym facilities
- Unlimited PADI-certified diving (you must already be PADI-certified or you can get your certification at the resort for an additional fee)
- Watersports such as snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, wakeboarding, jet skiing (at some resorts), water skiing (at some resorts), Hobbie Cats, and water cycling
- Land activities such as day and night tennis, basketball, beach volleyball, table tennis, pool volleyball, and lawn games
- Green fees at resorts with a golf course
- Entertainment including live shows, themed nights, beach parties, foam parties in the pool, fire dancers, steel drum performances, live bands, karaoke, open mic night, billiards competitions, and talent shows
- Access to private, offshore islands at specific resorts such as Sandals Royal Caribbean
Overview: What’s the Difference Between Sandals Luxury, Club Level and Butler Elite?
When you stay at a Sandals resort, you can select 1 of 3 room categories: Sandals Luxury, Club Level, and Butler Elite.
Sandals Luxury are the “regular” or entry-level rooms, while Club Level accommodations are the mid-range rooms for couples seeking a little more luxury.
Butler Elite is the premier room category and comes with a Sandals butler, personalized service, the best views, excellent amenities, and high-end room features.
What Is Sandals Luxury Like?
These rooms are a great choice for couples on a budget or those who plan on spending most of their time enjoying the resort facilities.
Sandals Luxury rooms have all of the amenities to ensure a comfortable stay, such as toiletries from Red Lane Spa, a king-size bed, air conditioning, a refrigerator, a tea maker and coffee machine with Blue Mountain Coffee, a flatscreen TV, a hairdryer, an in-room safe, daily housekeeping, and WiFi.
Guests also receive a complimentary in-room bar stocked (and re-stocked) with wines, local beers, juices, and soft drinks. Although the in-room bar does not include liquor, Sandals Luxury guests can order cocktails with premium liquors at any of the restaurants and bars.
Sandals Luxury guests do not have access to room service.
It is important to note that some guests report having difficulty getting their minibars restocked, getting drinks in a timely fashion at a bar, or making restaurant reservations with this room category. However, this is not the norm.
Sandals Luxury Rooms You Will Love
Although Sandals Luxury rooms tend to be smaller than Butler Elite or Club Level suites and have fewer amenities, this isn’t always the case.
Here are a few of our favorite Sandals Luxury rooms and suites.
- The South Seas Honeymoon Poolside Hideaway Walkout Junior Suite at Sandals Grenada features an outdoor patio with a soaking tub, lounge chairs, and breathtaking views of the infinity pool.
- Similarly, the Beachfront Grande Luxe at Sandals Royal Caribbean is in a building with direct beach access, featuring unobstructed ocean views from the balcony’s sitting area.
- The Caribbean Luxury Oceanview at Sandals Grande St. Lucian offers views of the sea and tropical gardens from the balcony, a spacious sitting area with plush loveseats, and beautiful mahogany details.
- The French Honeymoon Beachfront Grande Luxe room at Sandals South Coast is a beautiful beach-view room with an antique aesthetic. The room features handcrafted hardwood furnishings, a private balcony, and comfortable sofas.
What Is Club Level Like?
Club Level rooms are an excellent choice for couples who want to increase the luxury of their honeymoon without going all out for Butler Elite-level service.
Here are the main ways the Club Level experience is different from the Sandals Luxury experience:
- Club Level guests can order room service from 7 am to 10 pm. This means that if you want to order breakfast in bed or if you just want to eat in your room after a day at the beach, you can. If you plan on booking a lot of excursions, we recommend getting a Club Level room just for the convenience of eating in your room after a big day out.
- The in-room bar has liquor. While the Sandals Luxury minibar only has beer, wine, juices, and sodas, the Club Level minibar also comes with a variety of (non-premium) liquors such as vodka, gin, whiskey, or rum.
- Guests can arrange tours, make dinner reservations, and book spa appointments through the Club Sandals Concierge Service to improve the resort experience. Sometimes it can be hard for Sandals Luxury guests to get reservations at the most popular restaurants, but this is easier for Club Sandals guests. However, if getting the best table at the best restaurant is important to you, go with Butler Elite.
- Club Level guests can access the Club Sandals Lounge every day from 8 am to 10 pm. If the weather is rainy, you can spend your day playing board games, watching TV, or relaxing in this exclusive space.
Club Level Rooms You Will Love
Club Level rooms are located throughout the Sandals resort, featuring luxurious amenities such as ocean views, swim-up pool access from your front door, outdoor soaking tubs or whirlpools, direct beach access, and larger spaces.
- The Royal Beachfront Club Elite Suite at Sandals Royal Caribbean can be found in a beachfront building and includes incredible ocean views, a 2-person soaking tub on the balcony, and a beach-chic, indoor sitting area.
- The Beachfront Club Level Walkout Room at Sandals Halycon Beach is a newly renovated, ground-floor room with direct beach access. In fact, you can walk directly from your patio to the sand in seconds. The room also offers a 2-person soaking tub on the patio with a privacy curtain.
- The Royal Seaside Swim-up Club Ultra Suite at Sandals Royal Barbados is one of the most beautiful swim-up pool rooms at any Sandals resort. You can directly access the zero-edge infinity pool from your patio or relax in a floating hammock partially submerged in the water. The patio also includes a soaking tub, cushioned lounging seat, and an outdoor dining area.
- The Oceanfront Penthouse Club Level Junior Suite at Sandals Montego Bay is one of the only penthouse Club Level suites available at a Sandals resort. This contemporary room provides unobstructed views of the ocean, aquatic-themed décor, and a soaking tub on the glass-paneled balcony.
Is Club Level Worth It?
If Club Level is within your budget, then, yes, it is definitely worth it for special occasions. However, if going to an all-inclusive resort is already a financial stress, then stick to the Sandals Luxury rooms.
Keep in mind that the cheapest Club Level room is often the same price as the most expensive Sandals Luxury room.
Club Level rooms are worth the extra cost if you plan on spending a lot of time relaxing in your room, which you probably will considering this is your honeymoon.
Also, the ability to order room service is really a perk. There’s just something special about being able to order breakfast in your room and not have to deal with people early in the morning.
As far as the rooms themselves are concerned, Club Level rooms generally offer soaking tubs, more space, and better views, which can be a really nice addition to your honeymoon.
Being able to book reservations and plan excursions with Club Sandals Concierge services is also a huge plus and frees up a lot of time in your day so you can do other things.
The Club Sandals Lounge is something we could take or leave because it’s nicer to spend time in your own room than in a big common space. However, it can be a good place to visit if you’re traveling during the rainy season and looking for a place to socialize.
What Is Butler Elite Level Like?
These are the premier rooms and suites in any Sandals resort and unsurprisingly the most expensive. Think private pool villas, overwater bungalows with slides and hammocks, suites with soaking tubs, and chic, hilltop penthouses.
Butler Elite rooms offer the services of a private butler trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers. When you arrive, your butler will give you a personal cell phone so you can reach him or her 24/7 with any requests.
While Club Sandals Level guests can enjoy room service from 7 am to 10 pm, Butler Elite guests can order food and drink 24/7.
Butler Elite rooms also come with an in-room bar stocked with complimentary premium liquors, juices, local beers, soft drinks, and wines.
You can fill out a questionnaire before arrival to guarantee the bar is stocked with your preferred beverages. This is also a good time to communicate any other preferences.
Butler Elite guests often receive luxury airport transfers in a Roll Royce or Mercedes.
Here are two noteworthy Butler Elite level rooms that we’re a little obsessed with:
- The Over the Water Private Island Butler Villa With Infinity Pool at Sandals Royal Caribbean is located on a breathtaking private cay, a 2-minute boat ride away from the main resort area. The villa includes a huge deck with an infinity pool, catamaran nets, cushioned swinging beds, a lounge area, and floating hammocks. The villa also includes glass floor panels for viewing marine life and thatched roofs.
- The Sunset Oceanview Bluff Millionaire Butler Villa With Private Pool at Sandals Regency La Toc is perched on the cliffs overlooking the tranquil bay. The deck includes a large plunge pool, outdoor jacuzzi, waterfall, and outdoor lounge furniture. Guests can also enjoy the luxe master bedroom and separate living room.